Meet the ghd Rise Hot Brush for Volumizing Hair: Is it their best yet?!
ghd hair styling products have always been a favourite of mine. Starting from my very own hair straightener which I got when I was about 12 years old.
The ghd hair straighteners, aside from being some of the best around, also gave me back my confidence as a very awkward, self-conscience teenager! And for that, I am forever grateful to ghd!
Their products are a cut above others on the market. Where other straighteners left my hair frizzy, the ghd straighteners always left it straight and sleek. What’s more, it took a fraction of the time too.
I’m sure you can tell, I am slightly obsessed with their straighteners so it’s no surprise that when I heard they were bringing out a new, better-than-ever hair tool, I just had to see it!
And trust me, the ghd Rise Hot Brush doesn’t fail to impress! Now’s your chance to get perfect beach waves or any other waves with one simple, yet brilliant tool!
ghd Rise Hair Hot Brush
Think of this as a hybrid of hair products! No longer do you need to tire your hand out holding a brush and straightener or blow dryer. This Hot Brush does the trick of both brush and straightener in one to create a perfect natural-looking bounce in your hair!
This is ghd’s latest and first-ever hot brush. It was released on August 1, and it’s the brand’s first smart volumising hot brush.
It claims to add volume that lifts up from the roots and creates body through the hair to give you added bounce and fullness. The thing that I love the most about this is that with one tool you have all the options.
Straight, wavy, full, bouncy etc! The sky’s the limit with the hot brush and your hair will love that!
The ghd Rise Hair Volumizing Hot Brush is a lightweight brush that has small nylon bristles. Nylon adds gentle tension as you work with your hair, and it helps to ensure tangle-free styling.
It doesn’t come with extreme heat and only has one constant heat setting which has never been an issue for me with any of their other products.
Its heater technology runs through the brush’s barrel to respond to the hair’s needs and ensure a constant temperature of 185 degrees Celsius.
This styling brush also comes with a ‘cool tip,’ meaning you can hold onto the end of the brush as you style. This is a really nice touch, I’ve had one too many “accidents” with my styling tools trying to get a perfect angle by holding the ends!
It comes with a sleep mode, which automatically switches it off after 30 minutes. This is a must for anyone who’s slightly on the forgetful side, or for those with kids, like me! No more thoughts of ‘Did I unplug my hair iron?’ 15 minutes into the morning traffic jam!
What’s also great about this Hot Brush is that the bristles are at a 5mm length. I think it’s just the right length to style hair in sections without causing burns, accidents or annoying tangles once the hair is heated in place. It also takes around 25 seconds for it to heat up, which is not too bad at all.
You’ll love that it comes with its very own soft stand to protect surfaces and prevent damage to bristles. It’s a cool feature that makes you feel safer when using it!
How to use the ghd Rise Hair Volumizing Hot Brush
- On dry hair, as in completely dry hair, spray the roots with your fave volumising spray. It’s important to always use heated hair styling tools on dry hair to achieve the desired effects.
- Start styling in sections. Make sure your hair has no tangles or it will pull at your hair.
- Wrap your hair around the brush twice, pointing away from your face, and hold for five to eight seconds. Keep repeating this step until all your hair has been curled this way. You can also use it for light waves by not curling as much. For a straighter effect, use it like you would a normal brush.
- At your crown, place your hair sections around the ghd Rise and wrap away from your face. Repeat this step until your crown section’s completed.
- For an extra height or bounce, use a narrow dressing brush with wide bristles to gently style and spread your roots.
- Finish your look with hairspray, and you’re done!
Pros & Cons
The ergonomic design is wonderful. It’s very easy to hold and won’t slip even when twisting it in angles. You’ll love the sleek tapered handle that feels natural in your closed palms.
It’s not too big or small for any discomfort around the wrists and fingers, especially when you’re doing a bombshell Friday-night type of curls.
The cool tip works! You can actually hold a good portion of the tip to make the feature useful. Just enough for a grip of two to three fingers around the edges and you’ll be turning yourself into a pro stylist.
It gives room for a lot of styling experiments. It’s a neat feature, and I totally love that this brush has it.
It comes with a 2. Year. Warranty. I don’t have to say anything more about this, do I?
For the cons, I’m reluctant to label this as a con but as useful as the sleep mode feature is, it still takes up half an hour of electricity and has the opportunity to burn something in that amount of time too.
The worst-case scenario is you’ll leave it up to the sleep mode to turn itself off, but accidents can still happen. So best not to rely on it too much.
Aside from that small minute, not really con, I would say this is a fab hair product and a great time saver too!
Let the magic of the Hot Brush create magic with your hair! The best thing about the ghd Rise Hot Brush is that you don’t need to be a pro, nor do you need any experience to create fabulous hair.
It really doesn’t get any easier than with the Hot Brush. Especially from the Ferrari’s of straighteners- ghd!
ghd Rise Hot Brush can be bought from Sephora | Look Fantastic
Hi, my name is Hollie, and I own BeautywithHollie.com. I love everything to do with beauty and love sharing my knowledge, advice and beauty finds! Makeup and beauty are here to enjoy, and Beauty With Hollie is here to take the stress out of it!
- Trendy Haircuts and Hairstyles that will Transform Thin Hair
- Easy Messy Bun Hairstyle Ideas for an Effortless Hair Look
- The Best Black Friday Beauty and Makeup Deals for 2022
- 30 Of The Best Ulta Beauty Holiday Gift Sets For Every Budget
- Scary, Fun and Creative Halloween Hair Ideas To Try Out
- Fall Hair Color Ideas That Are Trending Now For Brunettes, Blondes, and Redheads
- Is The Dyson Hair Dryer Worth The Price?
- The Best Flat Irons And Hair Straighteners in 2023
- 18 Hairstyles For Straight Hair That Are Cute And Trending
Anastasia Beverly Hills Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown CeraVe Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior ELEMIS Elf Cosmetics Estée Lauder Fenty Beauty First Aid Beauty Fresh Hourglass Huda Beauty IT Cosmetics Jane Iredale L'Oreal lancome La Roche-Posay Laura Mercier LORAC MAC Makeup Revolution Mario Badescu Maybelline Morphe Nars Natasha Denona Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila Tarte Cosmetics The Ordinary Too Faced Urban Decay YSL