ghd hair styling products have always been a favourite of mine. Starting from my very own hair straightener which I got when I was about 12 years old! The ghd hair straighteners, aside from being some of the best around, they also gave me back my confidence as a very awkward, self-conscience teenager! And for that, I am forever grateful to ghd!
Their products are a cut above others on the market. Where other straighteners left my hair frizzy, the ghd straighteners always left it straight and sleek. What’s more, it took the fraction of the time too. I’m sure you can tell, I am slightly obsessed with their straighteners so it’s no surprise that when I heard they were bringing out a new, better than ever hair tool, I just had to see it! And trust me, the ghd Rise Hot Brush doesn’t fail to impress! Now’s your chance to get perfect beach waves or any other waves with one simple, yet brilliant tool!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon and other affiliate programs. This means on some purchases I make a commission. It doesn’t mean you spend more, it simply allows me to keep this blog going!
Think of this as the hybrid of hair products! No longer do you need to tire your hand out holding a brush and straightener or blowdryer. This Hot Brush does the trick of both brush and straightener in one to create a perfect natural-looking bounce in your hair!
This is ghd’s latest and first-ever hot brush. It was released on August 1, and it’s the brand’s first smart volumising hot brush. It claims to add volume that lifts up from the roots and creates body through the hair to give you added bounce and fullness. The thing that I love the most about this is that with one tool you have all the options. Straight, wavy, full, bouncy etc! The sky’s the limit with the hot brush and your hair will love that!
It is priced at £169 and comes with a 2-year warranty.
The ghd Rise Hair Volumizing Hot Brush is a lightweight brush that has small nylon bristles. Nylon adds a gentle tension as you work with your hair, and it helps to ensure tangle-free styling.
It doesn’t come with extreme heat and only has one constant heat setting which has never been an issue for me with any of their other products. Its heater technology runs through the brush’s barrel to respond to the hair’s needs and ensure a constant temperature of 185 degrees celsius.
This styling brush also comes with a ‘cool tip,’ meaning you can hold onto the end of the brush as you style. This is a really nice touch, I’ve had one too many “accidents” with my styling tools trying to get a perfect angle by holding the ends!
It comes with a sleep mode, which automatically switches it off after 30 minutes. This is must for anyone who’s slightly on the forgetful side, or for those with kids, like me! No more thoughts of ‘Did I unplug my hair iron?’ 15 minutes into the morning traffic jam!
What’s also great about this Hot Brush is that the bristles are at a 5mm length. I think it’s just the right length to style hair in sections with causing burn accidents or annoying tangles once the hair is heated in place. It also takes around 25 seconds for it to heat up, which is not too bad at all.
You’ll love that it comes with its very own soft stand to protect surfaces and prevent damage to bristles. It’s a cool feature that makes you feel safer when using it!
How to use the ghd Rise Hair Volumizing Hot Brush
- On dry hair, as in completely dry hair, spray the roots with your fave volumising spray. It’s important to always use heated hair styling tools on dry hair to achieve the desired effects.
- Start styling in sections. Make sure your hair has no tangles or it will pull at your hair.
- Wrap your hair around the brush twice, pointing away from your face, and hold for five to eight seconds. Keep repeating this step until all your hair has been curled this way. You can also use it for light waves by not curling as much. For a straighter effect, use it like you would a normal brush.
- At your crown, place your hair sections around the ghd Rise and wrap away from your face. Repeat this step until your crown section’s completed.
- For an extra height or bounce, use a narrow dressing brush with wide bristles to gently style and spread your roots.
- Finish your look with hairspray, and your’e done!
Pros & Cons
The ergonomic design is wonderful. It’s very easy to hold and won’t slip even when twisting it in angles. Youll love the sleek tapered handle that feels natural in your closed palms. It’s not too big or small for any discomfort around the wrists and fingers, especially when you’re doing a bombshell Friday-night type of curls.
The cool tip works! You can actually hold a good portion of the tip to make the feature useful. Just enough for a grip of two to three fingers around the edges and you’ll be turning yourself into a pro stylist. It gives room for a lot of styling experimentations. It’s a neat feature, and I totally love that this brush has it.
It comes with a 2. Year. Warranty. I don’t have to say anything more about this, do I?
For the cons, I’m reluctant to label this as a con but as useful as the sleep mode feature is, it still takes up half an hour of electricity and has the opportunity to burn something in that amount of time too. If you’re a freaky mom like me at rush hour mornings, 30 minutes is a long time. Worst case scenario is you’ll leave it up to the sleep mode to turn itself off, but accidents can still happen. So best not to rely on it too much.
Aside from that small minute, not really con, I would say this is a fab hair product and a great time saver too!
Let the magic of the Hot Brush create magic with your hair! The best thing about the ghd Rise Hot Brush is that you don’t need to be a pro, nor do you need any experience to create fabulous hair. It really doesn’t get any easier than with the Hot Brush. Especially from the Ferrari’s of straighteners- ghd!
- Cute Blonde Hair Color Ideas To Try Out This 2021
- 18 Cute Christmas Hairstyles You Need To Try This Holiday Season
- Inspiring Hairstyles For Grey Hair That Will Make You Want To Go Au Natural
- Best Shampoos For Grey Hair in 2021
- 12 Fringe Hairstyles For Short Hair That Are Trending Now
- 9 Tip On How To Manage Curly Hair
- 20 Pony Hairstyle Ideas & Inspiration For Every Occasion
- Meet the ghd Rise Hot Brush for Volumizing Hair: Is it their best yet?!
- 10 Best Conditioners for Oily Hair in 2021
Anastasia Beverly Hills Bare Minerals Barry M Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior Drunk Elephant ELEMIS Estée Lauder Fenty Beauty First Aid Beauty Fresh Giorgi Armani Hourglass Huda Beauty Jane Iredale L'Oreal lancome La Roche-Posay Laura Mercier MAC Makeup Revolution Maybelline Molton Brown Morphe Murad Nars Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth Pixi Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila Tarte Cosmetics Too Faced Urban Decay YSL