If you love the Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation, I recommend checking out its matching concealer! The Parisian brand released its ultra HD concealer that perfectly partners up with their well-loved foundation. The concealer is waterproof, transfer-proof, creaseless, opaque and matte, but, that’s only a few of its impressive claims.
For me, a quality concealer has to cover my bags and last the whole day without drying out my skin. Let’s find out in this review if the Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin High Coverage Multi-Use Concealer is all that!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase using these links, you don’t pay more, I simply earn a small commission!
The Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin High Coverage Multi-Use Concealer is a liquid concealer with a matte, full-coverage finish. It retails for $27 for about 9ml of product. It’s a hefty price tag for such a small amount, let’s find out if it’s worth it!
It comes in 22 shades with a large chunk geared towards medium-toned skins, and not much for darker tones which is a shame.
The fairest shade available for me (and there is only one!) is shade 2.1 – Alabaster. The shade range is particularly underwhelming. But luckily the shade I’ve got is not too far off my skin colour.
It’s lightweight, airy and blendable with a multitasking formula too. The concealer gives full coverage and has a blurring effect on the skin. Not only is it waterproof, but it’s also sweat-proof and transfer-proof, offering up to 24 hours of wear.
I don’t know anyone who likes to wear makeup for 24 hours, at least not anyone who’d like to admit it, but that sounds like an impressive claim. Who knows, there may be special occasions where you need to recycle your makeup for a whole day! This concealer is your best bet!
The concealer is thick and opaque in texture, almost as you would expect a foundation to be. Makeup Forever says it’s suitable for normal, dry, combination, and oily skin types.
However, because it has a thick texture, if you have dry skin, I would be wary of this concealer. Thick concealers are generally more prone to creasing, so it’s probably not the best match for dry skin. If you have dry skin, I recommend the By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Concealer.
The concealer is super pigmented, it can almost pass for a foundation. It covers up the bags with one small layer of the product. And surprisingly, it’s not too heavy either.
For a matte concealer, it’s not dry or flaky when it sets and when it does get absorbed, it looks almost skinlike. It’s very blendable and flexible enough to merge perfectly with a foundation.
I noticed that when it sets on the skin, it moulds nicely on my skin’s texture without accentuating any fine lines or spots.
It almost looked like a wet blanket that had settled nicely on the contours of the skin’s surface. Unlike some concealers that reveal a few cracks on textured skin, this concealer doesn’t do that.
The effect of it is really nice and I can see how it looks high-definition. The seamless application gives off that blurring effect since there are zero hints of your skin having a product on it.
It feels very light yet the colour is just fantastic. This is no doubt what full coverage should be like. It doesn’t melt away easily even as I start to sweat a little.
Makeup Forever Concealer Packaging
The packaging is a small plastic cylinder in matte black, with black-on-beige writing. Makeup Forever gave the concealer an extra-large doe foot applicator with a precision tip for easy application in hard-to-reach areas like the corner of your eyes, and around the nose which is a nice touch.
I appreciate that for such a small product, they’ve managed to get a full-sized applicator in there!
Matte Velvet Skin High Coverage Concealer Shades
- 2.1 – Alabaster – for very fair skin with neutral undertones
- 2.2 – Yellow Alabaster – for fair skin with yellow undertones
- 2.3 – Ivory – for fair skin with neutral-pink undertones
- 2.4 – Soft Sand – for light skin with yellow undertones
- 2.5 – Pink Beige – for light skin with neutral pink undertones
- 2.6 – Sand Beige – for light skin with golden undertones
- 3.1 – Neutral Beige – for medium skin with neutral undertones
- 3.2 – Sand – for medium skin neutral-yellow undertones
- 3.3 – Dark Sand – for medium skin with pink undertones
- 3.4 – Desert – for medium skin with peach undertones
- 3.5 – Medium Beige – for medium skin with red undertones
- 3.6 – Golden Sand – for medium skin with yellow undertones
- 4.1 – Golden Honey – for tan skin with yellow undertones
- 4.2 – Almond – for tan skin with neutral-red undertones
- 4.3 – Honey – for tan skin with golden undertones
- 4.4 – Caramel – for tan skin with bright peach undertones
- 4.5 – Praline – for tan skin with reddish-bronze undertones
- 5.1 – Toffee – for darker tan skin with neutral–yellow undertones
- 5.2 – Warm Amber – for darker tan skin with yellow undertones
- 5.3 – Warm Mocha – for darker tan skin with orange undertones
- 5.4 – Chestnut – for dark skin with slightly red undertones
- 5.5 – Mocha – for dark skin with very red undertones
The shade range is the biggest disappointment when it comes to the Matte Velvet Skin High Coverage Concealer. But on the flip side, the formula is legit!
As I said, medium-skin-toned junkies will love this product. Simply because it does exactly as it says, it’s long-wearing, opaque and blends into the skin seamlessly!
It’s on the pricey side but IMO, well worth it for the formula it offers. Would I buy it again? Well, as long as they release a shade that’s perfect for my skin! The formula is wonderful, and the seamless full coverage is a true claim.
Hi, I’m Hollie, and I’m passionate about everything beauty. Over the last decade and a half, I’ve tested thousands of products to bring you the best of the best! I also love bringing you fun and creative beauty looks. Learn more.
Beauty profile – 35, dry, aging skin, focused on aging well with a healthy glow and natural makeup look ✨
- 10 Best Christmas Gifts for Every Makeup Lover
- 10 Best Drugstore Concealers For All Skin Types in 2024
- 10 Best Smokey Eyeshadow Palettes In 2024
- 10 Easy and Colorful Eye Makeup Looks To Push You Out of Your Comfort Zone
- 10 Easy Eye Makeup Tips & Techniques For Older Women Over 60
- 10 Makeup Mistakes That Make You Look Old
- 10 Makeup Tips For Pale Skin That Everyone Should Know
- 10 Neutral Eyeshadow Looks For All Occasions And Levels
- 10 Spring Eyeshadow Looks And Trends To Try Out In 2024
Anastasia Beverly Hills bareMinerals Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown CeraVe Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior Dyson e.l.f. Cosmetics ELEMIS Estée Lauder Eucerin Fenty Beauty Fresh Giorgio Armani Hourglass IT Cosmetics L'Oreal Lancome Laura Mercier LORAC MAC Makeup Revolution Maybelline Molton Brown Morphe Nars Natasha Denona Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth PÜR Cosmetics Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila The Ordinary Too Faced Urban Decay YSL