I’ve previously reviewed the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define, which is a really fab concealer so I have high hopes for the Eye Bright Illuminating Under Eye Concealer.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase using these links, you don’t pay more, I simply earn a small commission!
The Illuminating Under Eye Concealer is a new look for Makeup Revolution, and to be honest, at first glance, I was shocked by the packaging. It’s almost identical to the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer and while I love a good dupe, I also love originality.
Here’s the deal, I love the quality to be a good dupe, but the packaging, hmm, I’m just not sure about! Not only does the packaging look the same as the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer, but it works in the same way too.
To use the concealer you need to click the bottom of the concealer to dispense some concealer into the sponge. Then you simply dab it onto your under eyes and any other desired areas and blend it out with your fingers or a brush.
I love this type of applicator, it adds a touch of fun to the whole applying concealer thing! The truth is the packaging and the applicator don’t affect the quality of the actual product. So moving on, what exactly is the Illuminating Under Eye Concealer?
Makeup Revolution Illuminating Under Eye Concealer is designed to specifically target the dark circles under your eyes. It has a flexible coverage which means it starts as a light coverage but, can be fully built up.
You can use this concealer for all blemishes, pigmentation and dullness. The concealer is loaded with vitamin C to benefit your skin at the same time as covering it. It has a super-creamy consistency that is a dream to apply to the skin.
You can expect glowing skin that doesn’t have a hint of tiredness, no matter what you’ve been up to the night before! That’s my kinda product;)
The Eye Bright Illuminating Under Eye Concealer comes in 15 shades:
- Porcelain – For fairest skin tones with a pink undertone
- Fair- For fairest skin tones with a yellow undertone
- Light- For fair skin tones with a neutral undertone
- Medium Light- For light/medium skin tones with a pink-warm undertone
- Medium- For medium skin tones with a neutral undertone
- Medium Yellow- For medium skin tones with a yellow undertone
- Tan- For deeper medium skin tones with a yellow undertone
- Warm Tan- For deeper skin tones with neutral undertone
- Deep Tan- For deeper medium skin tones with olive undertone
- Caramel-For medium/dark skin tones with a red-warm undertone
- Deep Caramel- For deep skin tones with a neutral undertone
- Toffee- For dark skin tones with an olive undertone
- Warm Chestnut- For dark skin tones with a neutral undertone
- Mocha- For dark skin tones with a red-warm undertone
- Deep Mocha- For very deep skin tones with a red-warm undertone
Since we’re already comparing this Makeup Revolution Concealer to the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer, I thought I’d mention that the Charlotte Tilbury one comes in 20 shades. Not a huge difference, but 5 shades are 5 shades!
The one thing that Makeup Revolution definitely wins with is the price! You see, the thing with Makeup Revolution is that their products are really good quality, last well on the face and in general very impressive. Yet, their prices always stay extremely affordable, and this is something I love about the brand!
The Makeup Revolution Eye Bright Illuminating Under Eye Concealer retails for £8 in the UK or $10 in the US, and the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer is a whopping £24, yup, that’s 3 times the price.
The Charlotte Tilbury Concealer may look better quality than the Makeup Revolution one, but in my experience, it often ends there. Charlotte Tilbury products are known for their fancy packaging and fancy words, but I’ve found that quite a few Charlotte Tilbury products haven’t turned out quite as amazing as I had hoped.
On the flip side, Makeup Revolution products have always exceeded my expectations! More expensive does not always mean a better product and this is proof!
You can expect the Makeup Revolution Eye Bright Illuminating Under Eye Concealer to be brighter under the eyes, without any signs of dark circles peeking through.
Wherever you apply this concealer, you will be rewarded with a brighter and smoother complexion. Be a part of the secret that says goodbye to dark circles!
I love a bargain and that’s exactly what the Makeup Revolution Eye Bright Illuminating Under Eye Concealer is! It’s a fantabulous concealer for an affordable price. I also love the packaging- even if it’s a carbon copy of Charlotte Tilbury’s concealer!
Hi, I’m Hollie, and I own BeautywithHollie.com. I love everything to do with beauty and love sharing my knowledge, advice, and beauty finds! Makeup and beauty are here to enjoy, and Beauty With Hollie is here to take the stress out of it!
- 15 Easy Winter Makeup Tips for Glowing Skin
- Everything You Need to Know About MAC’s Frosted Frenzy Advent Calendar 2023
- Eye Makeup Tips You Need To Try for Sensitive Eyes
- How To Apply Mascara Like A Pro- The Best Hacks, Tips & Tricks
- 10 Easy Eye Makeup Tips & Techniques For Older Women Over 60
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer Review- Find Out The Truth
- The Ultimate Guide to Different Types of Eyeshadows and Their Gorgeous Finishes
- The Different Types Of Foundation In Makeup And How To Choose The One For You
- Contouring for Beginners: A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Contour Like a Pro
Anastasia Beverly Hills bareMinerals Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown CeraVe Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior e.l.f. Cosmetics ELEMIS Estée Lauder Fenty Beauty First Aid Beauty Fresh Giorgio Armani Hourglass Jane Iredale L'Oreal Lancome La Roche-Posay Laura Mercier LORAC MAC Makeup Revolution Mario Badescu Maybelline Morphe Nars Natasha Denona Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila Tarte Cosmetics The Ordinary Too Faced Urban Decay YSL