Ever since entering my 30s, I’ve struggled to find a concealer that covers dark circles, tear troughs and bags without creasing. I’ve tried loads of concealers, and while I’ve come across plenty of impressive ones, none quite live up to the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Concealer.
In this review, I talk about all the aspects that make this concealer my go-to concealer and why it’s ideal for dry and aging skin.
WHAT IS IT
A creamy longwearing, creaseproof liquid concealer that gives the skin medium to full coverage. The formula is as light as air, it doesn’t look or feel heavy.
BEST SUITED FOR
Mature and dry skin types that need to hide bags, blemishes, dark spots, and redness.
THINGS TO NOTE
Sweat-resistant, Cruelty-Free, Vegan, Clean Ingredients
A clear plastic tube that has a white lid with a doe-foot applicator.
50 shades in cool, warm and neutral undertones.
The concealer has a soft matte finish that brightens the skin and is crease-resistant.
About My Skin: Dark circles and dryness, prone to creasing
Since hitting my 30s, I’ve noticed a huge skin texture change. It’s hard to believe I once struggled with oily skin. Now I have dry skin and the most noticeable area is under-eye circles and dryness which often results in creased eye makeup. In my opinion, it defeats the whole purpose of makeup.
Another issue I have is that since my skin is officially ‘aging’, it suffers from loss of volume and dullness. Ever since using the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Concealer, creasing has been a thing of the past and my under-eyes have been brighter too. I’ve been using it for about a year now, and I still love it despite trying out many other concealers in between!
I am using the shade 110 which is light with cool pink undertones.
How I Apply Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Concealer
- After my moisturizer has set, I apply foundation which is currently the Armani Neo Nude Tinted Moisturizer. Then I get started on concealer.
- Using the doe foot applicator, I apply small triangles, or dots to the areas I want to be covered. The concealer is highly pigmented and a little goes a long way, use sparingly and build up if necessary. I apply a thin layer of concealer because I prefer a more no-makeup-makeup look.
- To blend the concealer in, I use a damp beauty blender or fingers (if I’m feeling lazy!) and slowly dab the concealer into my skin. It has a smooth and creamy texture that’s easy to blend. Read my concealer hacks for acing your concealer.
- Before the concealer dries, I lightly apply setting powder over my foundation and concealer.
- Once I’ve completed all of my makeup, I spray my UD All-Nighter Setting Spray over my face for long-lasting makeup.
Usage Experience & Results
The concealer has a lovely creamy texture which makes it extremely easy to build up to a full coverage. I prefer a medium-coverage so tend to apply only one layer. But even with medium coverage, it covers my dark circles and dark spots.
No Creasing Or Settling Into Fine Lies
My favorite feature of the concealer is how it doesn’t crease or settle into my fine lines. Once blended into my skin, you can’t see I’m wearing concealer at all. One point to take note of is that I moisturize my skin twice a day, hydrated skin is a necessity if you want any makeup to sit nicely.
The concealer lasts intact all day without creasing or fading. I do use setting powder and setting spray which helps with its staying powers, but I always have, and many concealers struggled to last the day. Not this one.
The Value: Worth every penny
While the Pro Filt’r Concealer is on the expensive end, for me, it’s worth it because of its ease of use and the beautiful results that it gives. I love a flawless under-eye and this concealer gives me exactly that!
- It doesn’t crease.
- It covers dark circles and blemishes.
- Buildable coverage without looking cakey.
- Comes in 50 versatile shades.
My goal was for concealer to cover my dark circles without creasing and brighten my under-eye area.
I am very satisfied with the results! My under eyes appear more glowing which is a nod to the radiant aspect of the formula, but, the best part is that the concealer remains crease-free the entire day, without compromising on its coverage.
Scores & Summary
The Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Concealer is truly one of the best concealers for mature and dry skin. If you have lots of things to cover and you can’t stand creasing, you will love this concealer!
View on Fenty Beauty, Ulta, Sephora
Similar Products: Options at all price points
The One That Got Away
I really wanted to love this concealer, but its biggest drawback is that it only comes in a few shades, of which the lightest was way too dark for my skin. The By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Concealer is ideal for aging and mature skin because 87% of its ingredients are skincare, making it the ideal hybrid concealer and eye cream, too bad about the poor shade range.
Hi, I’m Hollie, and I’m passionate about everything beauty. Over the last decade and a half, I’ve tested thousands of products to bring you the best of the best! I also love bringing you fun and creative beauty looks. Learn more.
Beauty profile – 35, dry, aging skin, focused on aging well with a healthy glow and natural makeup look ✨
- I Reviewed Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Concealer and Said Goodbye to My Under-Eye Creasing
- 15 Hacks For Applying Nail Polish Like A Pro
- 30 Stunning Winter Hair Color Ideas for a Killer Look
- 10 Tips on How to Apply Highlighter to Pale Skin
- 15 Easy Winter Makeup Tips for Glowing Skin
- Everything You Need to Know About MAC’s Frosted Frenzy Advent Calendar 2023
- CurrentBody Skin Radio Frequency Device Review- Does it Work?
- Eye Makeup Tips You Need To Try for Sensitive Eyes
- How To Use Body Lotion and Its Benefits For the Skin
Anastasia Beverly Hills bareMinerals Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown CeraVe Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior Dyson e.l.f. Cosmetics ELEMIS Estée Lauder Eucerin Fenty Beauty Fresh Giorgio Armani Hourglass IT Cosmetics L'Oreal Lancome Laura Mercier LORAC MAC Makeup Revolution Maybelline Molton Brown Morphe Nars Natasha Denona Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth PÜR Cosmetics Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila The Ordinary Too Faced Urban Decay YSL