After MAC’s smashing success with last year’s Bursting With Surprises Advent Calendar, from its original and creative design to its complete sell-out, it’s safe to say they had a lot to live up to for this year’s Calendar.
And that time of year is here, the time when all beauty brands release the best of their best- the Advent Calendars. MAC’s Frosted Frenzy Advent Calendar for 2023 may not be called Bursting With Surprises, but let me assure you, it’s full of fun and useful surprises!
Don’t judge a book by its cover couldn’t be more true than with MAC Cosmetics Advent Calendar this year. What looks like a plain silver box opens up to a gorgeous pop-up of snowflakes.
I’ve always had a soft spot for pop-up books and cards, they give a warm glowing feeling and that’s exactly what the advent calendar does. The packaging may seem simple, but it’s elegant and adds to the festivity of the season in the most perfect way, especially with its red and silver coloring!
Worth over £480, it costs £170 making huge savings! Well, I like to think of it that way anyway!
What’s Inside? ( Not a spoiler)
The MAC Advent Calendar is filled with 24 fun treats of which 21 are full-sized! Most advent calendars come with mini-sized products, meaning that you get a few day’s use out of them before they’re used up.
21 full-sized items is a huge deal and definitely makes the advent calendar a lot more worth it than some of its competitors! Is it worth investing in?
If it’s within your budget, this is one of the best advent calendars of the season, so that’s a yes from me! You get more than your money’s worth with it and it’s so festive and gorgeous!
Another thing I love is that most of the products look neutral in shade, meaning they will work on most skin tones so you don’t need to worry about wasting your money.
Spoiler- See Inside…
Below is a spoiler of what’s inside the advent calendar. If you’re buying the calendar for yourself, skip over it!
- MACSTACK MASCARA: Continuously buildable, clump-resistant, weightless volume. Long-wearing, 24-hour wear. Non-flaking. Ophthalmologist tested.
- LUSTREGLASS LIPSTICK: Lustrous glossy finish with buildable, sheer coverage. Long-wearing colour, up to 8 hours. Contains Jojoba, Raspberry Seed, Coconut Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Shea Butter and Hyaluronic Acid to nourish and condition lips.
- MATTE LIPSTICK: No-shine matte finish with full, colour-rich coverage. Long-wearing, up to 10 hours. Provides a high colour payoff.
- COLOUR EXCESS GEL PENCIL EYELINER: Long-wearing, 24-hour wear on lids. Long-wearing, 12-hour wear on waterlines. Waterproof, transfer-proof, smudge-resistant.
- POWDER KISS VELVET BLUR SLIM STICK: Velvet soft-matte finish with medium, stay true coverage. Long-wearing, up to 12 hours. Conditioning formula with a weightless feel.
- POWDER KISS LIQUID LIP COLOUR: Whipped soft-focus matte finish with medium, stay-true coverage. Long-wearing, up to 10 hours. Fade-resistant, non-settling, non-creasing, non-flaking, non-drying.
- POWDER KISS LIPSTICK: Smooth soft-matte finish with medium, stay-true coverage. Soft-focus, blurred-colour effect with a weightless feel. Provides immediate hydration for up to 8 hours.
- MINI MAC HYPER REAL SKINCANVAS BALM™ MOISTURIZING CREAM: Immediately hydrates, soothes and fortifies the skin barrier. Enhances makeup wear. Contains rare Japanese Peony Extract, skin-refining Niacinamide, hydrating and plumping Hyaluronic Acid, and restorative Ceramides to deliver immediate and long-lasting results. 96% said this product improved the appearance of skin texture.
- HYPER REAL SERUMIZER™ SKIN BALANCING HYDRATION SERUM: Retexturizes skin and strengthens skin barrier. Contains rare Japanese Peony Extract, skin-refining Niacinamide, plumping Hyaluronic Acid, and restorative Ceramides to enhance the skin. Infused with a blend of light-diffusing pearlescent particles to deliver a healthy-looking glow. 90% said this product improved the appearance of skin texture immediately.
- PRO LONGWEAR PAINT POT: Long-wearing, 24-hour wear. Stay-true colour. Waterproof. Non-flaking, settling, creasing, or balding. Ophthalmologist tested. Safe for contact lens wearers.
- BRUSHSTROKE 24-HOUR LINER: Rich, intense colour. Long-wearing, 24 hours. Smudge-proof, sweat- and humidity-proof. Water-resistant, transfer-resistant. Ophthalmologist tested.
- LIP PENCIL: Smooth and creamy formula that applies quickly and precisely. Features a texture that won’t skip or drag.
- LIPGLASS CLEAR: Glass-like shine. Contains jojoba oil to soften and condition lips.
- LIPGLASS: Pigmented, glass-like shine.
- POWDER KISS SOFT MATTE EYESHADOW: Waterproof. Fade-resistant, non-settling, non-creasing. Ophthalmologist tested. Safe for contact lens wearers.
- EYESHADOW: Use wet or dry. Ophthalmologist tested. Safe for contact lens wearers.
- PREP + PRIME LIP: Reduces lipstick feathering. Provides immediate hydration. Oil-free. Dermatologist tested.
There’s no release as exciting as the advent calendars (you can check out last year’s advent calendars here.). For me, MAC wins every time, from the packaging to the products inside. Everything is so well thought out, that it’s no surprise that they fly off the shelves!
So word of warning, if you want to get your hands on one of these fantabulous advent calendars, don’t hang around! Grab it while you can!
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase using these links, you don’t pay more, I simply earn a small commission!
Hi, I’m Hollie, and I’m passionate about everything beauty. Over the last decade and a half, I’ve tested thousands of products to bring you the best of the best! I also love bringing you fun and creative beauty looks. Learn more.
Beauty profile – 35, dry, aging skin, focused on aging well with a healthy glow and natural makeup look ✨
- I Reviewed Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Concealer and Said Goodbye to My Under-Eye Creasing
- 15 Hacks For Applying Nail Polish Like A Pro
- 30 Stunning Winter Hair Color Ideas for a Killer Look
- 10 Tips on How to Apply Highlighter to Pale Skin
- 15 Easy Winter Makeup Tips for Glowing Skin
- Everything You Need to Know About MAC’s Frosted Frenzy Advent Calendar 2023
- CurrentBody Skin Radio Frequency Device Review- Does it Work?
- Eye Makeup Tips You Need To Try for Sensitive Eyes
- How To Use Body Lotion and Its Benefits For the Skin
Anastasia Beverly Hills bareMinerals Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown CeraVe Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior Dyson e.l.f. Cosmetics ELEMIS Estée Lauder Eucerin Fenty Beauty Fresh Giorgio Armani Hourglass IT Cosmetics L'Oreal Lancome Laura Mercier LORAC MAC Makeup Revolution Maybelline Molton Brown Morphe Nars Natasha Denona Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth PÜR Cosmetics Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila The Ordinary Too Faced Urban Decay YSL