What is Body Lotion & Why Use Body Lotion
Most of us moisturize our faces regularly. And that’s great, but in the same way that our face needs extra moisture and hydration, so does the body. A body lotion is a moisturizer designed for the body.
Body lotions tend to be thicker than face moisturizers, often helping with body issues like eczema and cellulite. A body lotion comes in many forms like oils, creams, butter, gels and milk, to name a few.
Using a body lotion is the perfect way to give your skin a little pampering at the end of the day.
Body Lotion Benefits
There are loads of benefits to using a body lotion. The main ones are:
- Locks in moisture
- Softens the skin
- Supports the skin barrier
- Prevents dryness
- Smooth calluses
- Feels good
- Relaxes you and your skin
- Gives glowing skin
- Minimizes wrinkles and fine lines
How to Apply Body Cream and Lotion
Applying a body lotion is easy and simple, but I do have some tips!
- For the best results, apply lotion to damp skin, not dry.
- Take a blob of lotion and rub it in your hands to warm it up
- Massage it to your body
- Be generous on extra dry areas like the elbows and knees
- Wait for the lotion to dry before getting dressed
What’s the Difference Between Body Lotion and Moisturizer?
Lotions are in fact a type of moisturizer, only for the body. That being said, many body creams are called body moisturizers, with the names overlapping.
When Should You Apply Lotion?
The best time of day to apply body lotion is after your shower when your skin is warm and damp. It shouldn’t be too wet or your lotion will run off. Applying lotion to damp skin seals the moisture into your skin, preventing it from drying out and adding hydration back in!
How to Apply Body Lotion On Your Back?
One of the most frequently asked questions about body lotion is how to apply it to your back. There are a couple of methods you can try: either stretch your arms over your shoulders to reach the top half of your back or use your other arm to apply it to the lower back. Additionally, an effective solution is using a back scrub to reach those challenging, hard-to-reach areas for proper body lotion application.
How Often to Apply?
Should you apply lotion every day? If you have dry skin, it’s recommended to apply lotion once a day. However, there are no strict and hard rules. If you feel your skin is extra dry, you can apply it more and if you have oily skin, you may feel a few times a week is enough.
Where to Apply Body Lotion?
Some people apply body lotion only to their dry areas like elbows and knees. Others apply it everywhere, it all depends on your skin and preferences!
How Much Should You Use?
Take a dollop of the product and massage it into your skin, repeating the process as necessary.
How To Know Which Body Lotion Is Right For Me?
Choose a lotion that is suitable for your skin type. If you have oily skin, you may prefer a lighter lotion and if you have dry skin, you most likely will want a thicker cream. For sensitive skin, I advise avoiding fragrance. Find the best body lotion for your skin here.
Products I Recommend
Body lotions offer a simple and affordable means to pamper yourself while adding a touch of luxury to your skin. It should only take about 10 minutes or so of your time, and the results are so worth it! It’s relaxing, helps with anti-aging and gives you soft and smooth skin! It’s the perfect way to end the day:)
- Reanimate Dull Skin With Olay Rinse-Off Body Conditioners
- Drunk Elephant Sili Body Lotion Review
- 7 Benefits Of Cold Showers And Why They’re Better For You And Your Skin
Hi, I’m Hollie, and I’m passionate about everything beauty. Over the last decade and a half, I’ve tested thousands of products to bring you the best of the best! I also love bringing you fun and creative beauty looks. Learn more.
Beauty profile – 35, dry, aging skin, focused on aging well with a healthy glow and natural makeup look ✨
- I Reviewed Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Concealer and Said Goodbye to My Under-Eye Creasing
- 15 Hacks For Applying Nail Polish Like A Pro
- 30 Stunning Winter Hair Color Ideas for a Killer Look
- 10 Tips on How to Apply Highlighter to Pale Skin
- 15 Easy Winter Makeup Tips for Glowing Skin
- Everything You Need to Know About MAC’s Frosted Frenzy Advent Calendar 2023
- CurrentBody Skin Radio Frequency Device Review- Does it Work?
- Eye Makeup Tips You Need To Try for Sensitive Eyes
- How To Use Body Lotion and Its Benefits For the Skin
Anastasia Beverly Hills bareMinerals Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown CeraVe Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior Dyson e.l.f. Cosmetics ELEMIS Estée Lauder Eucerin Fenty Beauty Fresh Giorgio Armani Hourglass IT Cosmetics L'Oreal Lancome Laura Mercier LORAC MAC Makeup Revolution Maybelline Molton Brown Morphe Nars Natasha Denona Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth PÜR Cosmetics Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila The Ordinary Too Faced Urban Decay YSL