NARS Air Matte Lip Color and Blush Collection Spring 2021
With Christmas over and all the Christmas collections and advent calendars in the past, some brands do not waste their time!
NARS has already released part of their Spring 2021 collection. I say part of it because so far all they have announced is their new Air Matte Lip Color and Air Matte Blush. However, there could be more on the way, we’ll just have to wait and see!
NARS Air Matte Lip Color and Blush Collection
Both the Air Matte Lip Color and Blush are limited editions. They are both designed to complement each other in colour and finish. Ranging from $26-$30 they are affordable and definitely newsworthy!
NARS Air Matte Lip Color
The NARS Air Matte Lip Color has been labelled as the next generation in lip color and styled to air-fection! What’s remarkable and unique about the Air Matte lipsticks is how lightweight and soft they are to wear, yet still long-wearing.
They glide on seamlessly yet feel airy and as if you aren’t wearing anything. These lipsticks are an exciting release for those like me. I hate the heavy feeling that lipstick often gives, I’d rather go without lipstick than suffer feeling it on my lips!
While this is a very exciting release, it’s also interesting that NARS went to so much effort at this point in time to create such a fabulous lipstick. After all, we are in the middle of a pandemic and most countries require face masks in public.
I’m assuming that NARS planned this lipstick before the pandemic, and since it goes so well with the blush, it only makes sense to release them together. One thing I can’t ever complain about it too much makeup! So bring ’em on!
The Air Matte Lip Colour comes in 8 shades ranging from lovely nudes to bright reds. They have a unique applicator that has a differently shaped tip for easy application.
The lip colors can be applied in 3 different methods, depending on the look you’re after.
From the NARS website, these are the different lip looks:
- For a pillow-soft stained lip, apply Air Matte Lip Color in any shade to the center of the top and bottom lip.
- Press lips together and gently blend outward with fingertips to blur color, use #22 Blending Brush to diffuse and blend color along the edges.
- Use Soft Matte Complete Concealer and Light Reflecting Setting Powder Loose to further blur the lip line or to touch up throughout the day.
- Layer two shades to create a one-of-a-kind look.
- Apply one color all over lips to create an opaque base.
- Layer the second color onto center of lips.
- Blend and diffuse with #30 Precision Lip Brush.
- Define lips with Precision Lip Liner in a shade slightly deeper than your preferred shade of Air Matte Lip Color.
- Fill in lips with Air Matte Lip Color. Build coverage to your desired intensity.
- Finish by perfecting the outer lip area with Soft Matte Complete Concealer.
- Balance a matte lip with a radiant complexion.
Having a step-by-step guide on how to achieve what look is a nice touch but it’s not my favourite part about lipsticks. For me, it’s how moisturising and lightweight the formula is.
Don’t bother applying lip balm before applying these lipsticks because it will just mess with the formula. These lipsticks are moisturising enough in their own right, they don’t need any help!
Another thing I love is how they dry to a soft matte and are practically transfer-proof. Your mask won’t interfere with your lipstick and that’s an important factor to consider these days! Now onto its partner in crime, the Air Matte Blush.
Air Matte Blush
Like the Air Matte Lip Colour, the Air Matte Blush has a super lightweight formula that is easy and comfortable to wear. It’s a cream blush that dries to a velvety powder.
This is something new for the beauty world and I welcome it with open arms! These blushes are kind of like a hybrid of blushes. They have the best cream and powder blushes!
The blushes have a unique Color Diffusion Complex that helps to blend and blur the colour so that it matches your skin.
They are also made with jojoba gel that helps smooth the pigment evenly and passionfruit oil which is loaded with antioxidants! These blushes are loaded with good ingredients for you and your skin!
The Air Matte Blush comes in 4 shades. The shades are- Darling- light pink, Freedom- mauve, Orgasm- peachy pink with gold shimmers and Scandalous- burgundy.
You can apply the blush with your fingers or with a blush brush. Just make sure you blend out quickly before the formula dries to a powder!
The blushes are really natural looking and will add beautiful colour to your cheeks!
Looking for more awesome NARS products? Check out their Soft Matte Complete Foundation and their Liquid Blush!
I love both the NARS Air Matte Blush and the Lip Color. They both sound like fab makeup products that are helping to change the world of makeup for the better.
I love how both the blush and lipstick are extremely comfortable and lightweight to wear. Makeup shouldn’t be a burden and I love how more and more brands are coming out with comfortable makeup.
NARS Air Matte Blush and Lip Color can be bought from Ulta
- Urban Decay 24/7 Inks Liquid Eyeliners are Back!
- Saie Glowy Super Skin Lightweight Hydrobounce Serum Foundation
- The NEW Too Faced Italian Spritz Eye Shadow Palette, is it Lake Como Worthy?
- The Best Cream Contour Sticks for Instant Cheekbones in 2023
- The Best Pastel Eyeshadow Looks for Any Occasion in 2023
- Makeup Tips on How to Minimize the Appearance of Large Pores
- Valentine’s Day Flirty Talk Collection by ColourPop has Landed!
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand
- 16 of the Most Gorgeous Wedding Makeup Looks for Your Big Day
Anastasia Beverly Hills Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown CeraVe Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior Dyson ELEMIS Elf Cosmetics Estée Lauder Fenty Beauty First Aid Beauty Fresh Hourglass Huda Beauty Jane Iredale L'Oreal lancome La Roche-Posay Laura Mercier LORAC MAC Makeup Revolution Mario Badescu Maybelline Morphe Nars Natasha Denona Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila Tarte Cosmetics The Ordinary Too Faced Urban Decay YSL