With Christmas over and all the Christmas collections and advent calendars in the past, some brands do not waste their time! NARS has already released part of their Spring 2021 collection. I say part of because so far all they have announced is their new Air Matte Lip Color and Air Matte Blush. However, there could be more on the way, we’ll just have to wait and see!
Both the Air Matte Lip Color and Blush are limited editions. They are both designed to complement each other in colour and finish. Ranging from $26-$30 they are affordable and definitely newsworthy!
The NARS Air Matte Lip Color has been labelled as the next generation in lip color and styled to air-fection! What’s remarkable and unique about the Air Matte lipsticks is how lightweight and soft they are to wear, yet still long-wearing. They glide on seamlessly yet feels airy and as if you aren’t wearing anything. These lipsticks are an exciting release for those like me. I hate the heavy feeling that lipstick often gives, I’d rather go without lipstick than suffer feeling it on my lips!
While this is a very exciting release, it’s also interesting that NARS went to so much effort at this point in time to create such a fabulous lipstick. After all, we are in the middle of a pandemic and most countries require face masks in public. I’m assuming that NARS planned this lipstick before the pandemic, and since it goes so well with the blush, it only makes sense to release them together. One thing I can’t ever complain about is too much makeup! So bring em’ on!
The Air Matte Lip Colour comes in 8 shades ranging from lovely nudes to bright reds. They have a unique applicator which has a different shaped tip for easy application.
The lip colors can be applied in 3 different methods, depending on the look you’re after.
From the NARS website these are the different lip looks:
- For a pillow-soft stained lip, apply Air Matte Lip Color in any shade to the center of the top and bottom lip.
- Press lips together and gently blend outward with fingertips to blur color, use #22 Blending Brush to diffuse and blend color along the edges.
- Use Soft Matte Complete Concealer and Light Reflecting Setting Powder Loose to further blur the lip line or to touch up throughout the day.
- Layer two shades to create a one-of-a-kind look.
- Apply one color all over lips to create an opaque base.
- Layer the second color onto center of lips.
- Blend and diffuse with #30 Precision Lip Brush.
- Define lips with Precision Lip Liner in a shade slightly deeper than your preferred shade of Air Matte Lip Color.
- Fill in lips with Air Matte Lip Color. Build coverage to your desired intensity.
- Finish by perfecting the outer lip area with Soft Matte Complete Concealer.
- Balance a matte lip with a radiant complexion.
Having a step-by-step guide on how to achieve what look is a nice touch but it’s not my favourite part about the lipsticks. For me, it’s how moisturising and lightweight the formula is. Don’t bother applying lip balm before applying these lipsticks because it will just mess with the formula. These lipsticks are moisturising enough in their own right, they don’t need any help!
Another thing I love is how they dry to a soft matte and are practically transfer-proof. Your mask won’t interfere with your lipstick and that’s an important factor to consider these days! Now onto its partner in crime, the Air Matte Blush.
Like the Air Matte Lip Colour, the Air Matte Blush has a super lightweight formula that is easy and comfortable to wear. It’s a cream blush that dries to a velvety powder. This is something new for the beauty world and I welcome it with open arms! These blushes are kinda like the hybrid of blushes. They have the best of cream and powder blushes!
The blushes have a unique Color Diffusion Complex that helps to blend and blur the colour so that it matches your skin. They are also made with jojoba gel that helps smooth the pigment evenly and passionfruit oil which is loaded with antioxidants! These blushes are loaded with good ingredients for you and your skin!
The Air Matte Blush comes in 4 shades. The shades are- Darling- light pink, Freedom- mauve, Orgasm- peachy pink with gold shimmers and Scandalous- burgundy.
You can apply the blush with your fingers or with a blush brush. Just make sure you blend out quickly before the formula dries to a powder!
The blushes are really natural looking and will give you beautiful colour to your cheeks!
At the moment the new Air Matte collection is only available at ULTA, however, it will be available from NARS US from January the 1st. I’ve tried to find out when the collection will be available in the UK, but so far I’ve had no luck. I will keep you updated!
I love both the NARS Air Matte Blush and the Lip Color. They both sound like fab makeup products that are helping to change the world of makeup for the better. I love how both the blush and lipstick are extremely comfortable and lightweight to wear. Makeup shouldn’t be a burden and I love how more and more brands are coming out with comfortable makeup.
- Nabla Cosmetics NEW Skin Realist Tinted Balm
- How To Sweat-Proof Makeup For The Hot Summer Days: 10 Hacks You Need To Know
- Sigma Beauty New Cor De Rosa Extended Collection
- ColourPop New Lizzie McGuire Collaboration With Disney
- Dominique Cosmetics Now Or Never Collection
- The Best Cream Blush for Mature Skin in 2021
- The New Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Ultra Creamy Concealer For Dry Skin
- My Easy Morning Makeup Routine: 6 Minute Natural Everyday Look
- MAC Cosmetics Black Cherry Spring Collection
Anastasia Beverly Hills Bare Minerals Barry M Benefit Cosmetics Bobbi Brown Chantecaille Charlotte Tilbury Clarins ColourPop Dermalogica Dior Drunk Elephant ELEMIS Estée Lauder Fenty Beauty First Aid Beauty Fresh Giorgi Armani Hourglass Huda Beauty Jane Iredale L'Oreal lancome La Roche-Posay Laura Mercier MAC Makeup Revolution Maybelline Molton Brown Morphe Murad Nars Neutrogena NYX Origins Peter Thomas Roth Pixi Revlon Sigma Beauty Smashbox Stila Tarte Cosmetics Too Faced Urban Decay YSL