Do you have constant dry skin in the winter? This is a common problem that many people face every winter. Some get it worse than others with their skin cracking and bleeding. I hope this article on how to prevent dry skin in the winter will solve your problems with dry skin!
I have put together a list of 6 different ways on how to prevent dry skin in the winter and to give yourself soft and healthy skin the whole year round.
- Moisturise your skin- This is so so important to do daily. Dry skin comes from a lack of water in the skin. By using moisturiser you are effectively adding a seal so that the water can’t escape. Clarins have a great one.
- Treat your hands and feet- When the weather is cold your hands and feet tend to suffer the most. A brilliant trick that works wonder is to apply a generous helping of cream (Neutrogina is a great one that has never failed me) and then sleep with gloves and socks. When you awake your skin will feel silky and soft and very hydrated.
- Use warm water not hot for your bath/shower- Hot water washes away your natural oils and that dries out your skin.
- Pat you skin dry after a shower- Rubbing your skin will dry it out so softly pat it instead.
- Use sun cream- Most people don’t realise this but sun cream is not only for the summer. The winter sun combined with snow can damage your skin a lot.
- Protect yourself from the cold- When you are out wear gloves, a hat and a scarf. This will not only keep you warm but also protect your skin from getting dried out.
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to prevent dry skin in the winter. These are just a few things that I do . Let me know what you do! I’m always on the lookout for different ideas.